POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PP focal blur test : Re: PP focal blur test Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PP focal blur test
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 9 Jun 2000 03:57:24
Message: <3940a364@news.povray.org>
>   Think again. hehe :)     You had me going there, Ed . . . didn't think
>that
>was correct but had to get out the digital camera and see.  Not so . . .
>that
>image in the mirror is farther away than the mirror surface.  ie the
>distance
>from the eye (camera) to the mirror plus the distance from the mirror to
the
>object. Those light rays haven't yet been gathered by the lens and focused
>on the "film".  Give it a try to prove it - I had to.
>   So, the images in the mirror should also be out of focus.  TS

I've no experience with camera, but I'm very short sighted (distance
blurred)
If I look at a distant object, then look at the reflection of the distant
object, the reflection is much clearer. Therefore I think that what is
produced
is correct.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *